Tuesday, October 26, 2010

me gustan los libros

So, I made one of my library runs yesterday and while they usually consist of me just grabbing some CDs to check out, I actually checked out three books. Now will I read every single word in these books? Probably not. Why? Because reading isn't my thing. Do I want to finish all three? So, so much. And I will do everything to finish them! That's one of the things I don't like about myself, I can NEVER finish a book, unless it's just incredibly interesting to me. The last book that I read that was like this was Radical, by David Platt and man oh man was it good.
The books I got were: Miracles, by C.S. Lewis; The Attentive Life, by Leighton Ford; and a book about martyrs that looked really interesting, that I currently forgot what it was called. The first one I started yesterday is the Attentive Life and I can already tell that I'm going to enjoy it and it's about a topic that I have really been pondering about. And first let me just say, I love that I used the word pondering. Just saying. Anywho, this book is about discerning God's presence in all things and truly paying attention to Him. I'm only a few pages in, but it's super good. Loveee.
So last night, my "big" mentioned how she was having a deep, spiritual chat with herself the other day. She said she asked herself if she could go a day without God, and then quickly realized that she couldn't. That got me thinking, and at that very moment, I asked myself that. I can't even imagine a day without God and how much I rely on Him. Then I started thinking about how much I semi-have days without Him. Yes, He never leaves, He's always there, but some days I completely ignore Him and it's basically like going a day without Him.
It's been a crazy week so far and it's only Tuesday. I'm ready for the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment