Monday, October 29, 2012

for when i am weak, i am strong

Glory. His glory. 
That is what it's all about.

"whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen." (1 Peter 4:11)

In our minds, we look at our weaknesses, our imperfections, as things that can keep us distant from the Father, feeling as though He finds them unpleasing and unsatisfying. Our human nature and our flesh tell us that these weaknesses make us a lesser person in this life. The real story though, is that God has created us, so meticulously, with a different array of these weaknesses, along with strengths, with an ultimate and final purpose for them in us   His glory. While we may find discomfort and embarrassment in our shortcomings, God is using them to reveal His power to the world, through us. His Spirit inside of us is always working to fulfill that goal   His glory. 

Often, we are faced with situations that seem impossible to us. Why would God place me here? Why would He lead me there, when He knows I struggle with it? Why, why, why. We always ask why, when we know exactly why. In the places and situations where we find ourselves, there is not a single shred of doubt that we can do something of importance in them. It then comes to a point when it's not even that "something of importance" but something we cannot even imagine. Our Father just doesn't work through us, He completely shows out in numerous incomprehensible ways. 

"So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
 (2 Corinthians 12:7-10)

How many times have we come across a "thorn in the flesh?" When Paul prayed persistently to the Lord to remove this thorn in his life, God simply said no. The answer was no, not because He didn't care that Paul was suffering or discouraged with this, but no because He knew what He was doing. "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Through our weaknesses, Christ's power is made PERFECT in us. His power resides in us. Inside of us right now. In those times when we are troubled over our weaknesses, BOAST IN THEM. Let Christ use you and show His remarkable power. Remember Paul and all of the calamities he faced in his life and remind yourself that Christ's grace covers you and is more than adequate.

For when I am weak, then I am strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment