Wednesday, October 17, 2012

paramount

I've decided that the future is scary.
You know, the part where you have to figure out which direction your life is going in?
That.

I should expect that this year, correct? I did expect it, but it's pretty much hit me like a brick, because it's getting more real every day. It's just crazy. I have no other words to to describe it, than just crazy. Sometimes I am just completely overwhelmed thinking about it. It is in those times when my mind is in complete chaos, I remind myself of three words. God is Sovereign. Such a simple statement, but how comforting it is. The Lord has orchestrated every single detail, every move I will ever make, and knows ALL, including His plan for my life. He is Sovereign.

I've accepted what Christ's plan is for my life, and yes, the times of doubt do come. Following the doubt, or even in the middle of it, He always reminds me of His provision for my life and the sense of His calling becomes stronger and stronger, despite any circumstances I may be in. Trusting and listening intently to Him in the inner steps of His big picture is now the challenging part. External distractions never go away, but it's the internal distractions that arise inside of you that cause the most problems. My Redeemer always brings me back to focus throughout all the agitation though. He is Sovereign.

"He will certainly accomplish what He has decreed for me, and He has many more things like these in mind." (Job 23:14)



No comments:

Post a Comment