Sunday, July 17, 2011

peace and love, man.

      Most people are associated with a certain decade, according to their personality and such, and several people have told me in my lifetime that I should have been a part of the Sixties. I've always adored the Sixties and if only I could travel back in time to be a part of it. If only...sigh.
      I don't think anything could describe or tell the story of the Sixties as well as the music that was present during those years. From the British invasion of several different bands to the artists who led anti-war protests and promoted peace, the music of the Sixties was a reflection of the counterculture and social revolution during that time. I may be a tad bit cheesy, but I feel like honoring the music of this decade, by sharing five of my favorite songs from the era. Basically, what I'm really saying is, you haven't lived yet until you've listened to these songs. So listen to them okay? Okay, groovy.

1964:  "House of the Rising Sun", by the Animals



1967:  "White Rabbit", by Jefferson Airplane

1965:  "Turn! Turn! Turn!", by the Byrds



1963:  "Ring of Fire", by Johnny Cash

1962:  "Love Me Do", by the Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment