Saturday, September 11, 2010

dust in the wind

It’s very interesting to go back and read your old blogs, that you wrote months and months ago. How do I know this? Because I definitely just went back and read some of my old blogs. Some were funny, some were serious, some were just dumb. I have come to the conclusion that I am the most random person ever, when it comes to my blog. I’m okay with that though.
Anyways, I came across I post I did like forever ago, back in April, and a portion of it was me going off on a tangent and asking myself, “Why and how do people grow apart in a  friendship?” Yes, I know, what an dumb question Taylor, there is definitely an obvious answer for each friendship. Back in April, I was dealing with this, and now, I still find myself dealing with it in certain ways still. Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about the friendships I have in my life right now.
One response to this question would be: Friendships can be hurt by distance. In high school, your friends, well, they are always in the same building as you. You see them everyday, you have classes with them, you have break with them, etc. You all are in the same town and you hang out all the time. This is all true. I knew things would change big time when I moved to college, involving my friends back home, and I accepted that last year. Lately though, it’s really been bugging me. You’d think that being away from home for a year, I would have gotten used to it. Well, I have and then again in some ways I still haven’t. All I’m saying is that it’s crazy how close I was to a lot of my friends before I moved to Mobile, and now it’s rare that I talk to them once or twice a week, if that much. It truly bums me out.
Another thing I’ve noticed, people just plain change. Yes, I know that people don’t stay the same or act the same way for their whole entire life, but over the course of the last few months, I’ve seen a few people change, which has caused a strain on some friendships. It’s just like they live completely different lives now. It’s strange to me.
Speaking of strange, things have just been off literally since I came back to Mobile. They have just been odd. I’m still getting adjusted to living with roommates that I actually talk to, considering I didn’t talk to my roommate last year at all. Other than that, things are just plain weird. Seriously. I guess I expected things to be more like last year, and they aren't. Things are necessarily bad, but I don't know. I can't explain.
Back on the friendship topic now...
The majority of the friendships in my life, which have gotten weaker, or just crashed all together had to do with other friendships getting involved. And I'm sure that didn't make sense, but let me try and explain. Once again, I say try, so if you aren't following me, my bad! Okay so, I see this a lot. Say you are friends with someone and new friends come into their life, and sometimes the new friendships just sorta kinda start dominating other friendships. You feel me? Sometimes I have trouble getting my thoughts through on this blog...lol. I will be honest in saying that I have seen myself doing this exact thing a lot the past year. I made some amazing friends and best friends last year and I feel like now I only make the effort to talk and hang out with them, rather than some other people that I'm friends with, and I'm not just talking about people back home. It's so happening, yet I push that to the back of my mind to not think about it. I'm not okay with this. Shouldn't I make the most effort in everything I do to keep every single person that means something to me in my life? Should the person on the other side of the fence do the same? Why do I have so many questions about something that is some what simple? Who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment