Friday, September 3, 2010

nueve, nueve

In the midst of studying for my history test tomorrow, drinking some Diet Pepsi, and listening to the Mamma Mia soundtrack (yes, I know I'm a ballin multi-tasker), I realized that I never updated my list of 20 things I was planning on doing this summer. So, after studying FOREVER, I've decided that I should tell the world what I accomplished from my list of goals. I know I've done this sorta kinda already in other blogs, but here it is all together!

WIN!! :
1---Work at the Headland Voice.
Chyeah! I did that for a SOLID three months and it was super fun. I enjoyed getting some experience and learning a lot of newspaperish stuff that I had no clue on. Don't get me wrong, the Voice is definitely not the Times or Press-Register, or even the Dothan Eagle, but as small as it was, that job benefited me more than I could possibly imagine, now that I look back.

2---Finish all the episodes of LOST in time to see the last episode ever.
Man, that seems like forever ago! I'm so glad that I decided to start watching LOST, even though that decision was made during the last season. What was I thinking! The past six years of my life could have been so much better and confusing if I would have started watching it the first season. Good going, T Hamm.

3---Reach the gold level on Beatles Rock Band.
Yeah, don't judge. I'm a geek. I'm proud of my Rock Band skills. Just in case you were wondering what is so special about the gold level...because I know you are, I'll tell explain. I know the curiosity is just killing ya. Anywho, there is a list of accomplishments on Rock Band, basically just goals. For example, five star all the songs, get a certain high score on a list of five songs, finish all of the drum tutorials, blah blah blah, you get the point. When you play online, you either have black, silver, or gold icon. You da best if you have a gold icon. I play online a lot, so I just HAD to get the gold. I'll stop before you completely just unfollow me for this last paragraph. Ahem.

4---Learn a new instrument.
I'm not a pro yet, but I have learned a little, playing the Zampona! That's right, that thing is legit. Scraight up from Peru. It's so fun to play and I have a little sheet with songs on it already. Good stuff!

5---Start saving money for Guatemala.
I did really good with this! I'm proud of myself. I saved a certain amount from each of my paychecks from the Voice and also, the check from WIRED. Yay for saving and a savings account! I feel like an adult...

6---Go see Toy Story 3.
Ah, such a GOOD movie. I cannot wait for it to come out on dvd. Chance and I went and saw it and we of course both cried like babies. Haha, good times. Such a good ending movie for Toy Story. To infinity and beyond!!

7---Be a ministry tract leader/chaperone for WIRED 2010.
Hands down, one of the best weeks of my life, for real. And the favorite part of my summer! I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I miss it. I miss the kids in my group. I miss going to all of the ministry sites. I miss those amazing worship services we had. I miss kickin it with my youth group. I miss everything about WIRED. That week is truly a week I would want on repeat.

8---Fly a kite.
Simple, yes. Fun, yes. I loved doing it! I haven't done it in forev.  Me, my mom, and my little cousin Madison flew kites. We had a Toy Story one, a Spiderman one (mine), and a Transformers one. Fun afternoon!

9---Hopefully get a new car.
Well, that hopefully turned into a definitely! Love my new car. 2009 red Chevy Malibu. I've already named it the Bu. Yeah dat's right.

EPIC FAIL on me. I only accomplished 9 outta 20. Lame. Oh well, there's always next summer.  :)

1 comment: