Thursday, June 3, 2010

from the clouds

I set four goals for today, yesterday. I didn't accomplish all four, but I blame that on the rain! The only one I didn't get done was to find an arrowhead at Mama Sue's flint bed. Oh well. My other three goals which were more important, I got done! I didn't get on any of my social networks all day and turned off my Twitter updates, which I get like every five seconds on my phone on a regular day. I can gladly say that not being on them for the majority of my day cleared my mind and helped me focus on alot more of the stuff I should be focused on.
I started my leadership book and it is amazing. It's a day to day study, but I did two studies today because it was so interesting! So far, it's about the relationship between the true vine and the branches, which is God and us. I love it! I also started looking over my FiSH group stuff for the fall. It's also great! I am excited for those to start as well! I look forward to meeting incoming freshmen and building relationships with them. I have a feeling that leading a FiSH group is going to be completely awesome! Plus, I get to teach it with Mo...how could that not be awesome? I hope that our Fishies will love it as much as I loved my group. I will certainly never forget my FiSH group, ever. :)
I just bought Jack Johnson's new album, "To the Sea" and it is one of the best albums I've bought in a while. Seriously. His sound has definitely changed from his last album, from a mainly acoustic sound to now, which is a tad bit more electric and blues-ish. Very nice indeed. I would absolutely die if I was able to see him in concert. The closest he ever comes though, is Atlanta. I can't make that though. Especially while I'm in Mobile. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment