Sunday, June 13, 2010

run forrest, run!

Weekends are for the warriors.

My weekend officially started Thursday afternoon at 3 o'clock and it has been amazing the whole time! I had a good drive down to Mobile, no traffic hardly, good jams on my iPod going. And did I mention that I DROVE THE CAMARO DOWN?! That thing is sweeeeet on the interstate. If I wasn't so paranoid about cops and getting a ticket, I could have easily made it to Mobile in under three hours for sure. Maria has officially named it the Batmobile and well, the Batmobile can FLY.

I finally got some Foo's in system...first meal I had while in Mobile. I got to see Shanny, which was good! After that, I headed over to UM and the crazy night began. Three words: KRIS ALLEN CONCERT!!! Me, Jess, Kassidy, Kristen, and Joseph headed to the Soul Kitchen for a great night of good music and lots of fun. Green River Ordinance was the opening act and they were pretty good. Not absolutely amazing, but good. I'd buy their cd. Kris Allen & his band hopped up on stage and sang "With a Little Help From My Friends" with the guys from GRO and that was an instant hit with me, considering Beatlemania runs through my veins. GRO left, Kris finally went on. He puts on a good concert. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't really know any of his songs except the one single he's had on the radio, but at the end of concert, for his encore he sang "Come Together" Yep, that's when I fell in love. You can't beat that he sang Kanye's "Heartless" and Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" too! Awesome. We took some good pictures and we're now basically bff with one of Kris Allen's guitarists...which equals a good night to me.

I was off to Linden on Friday! Let me just say I was quite shocked upon arrival. I didn't know somewhere could be so far out...seriously. And I thought Tumbleton was in the middle of nowhere. It was so beautiful where we were at too! A giant lake with a dock behind the house and the house was the coolest ever. It was STRAIGHT OUTTA the 70s. For real! The wallpaper. The carpet. I loved it. Nothing to do there, so we chilled the whole time and watched some good movies. All with my best friend too! I missed Maria real bad! We watched Rent, Mean Girls, Return to Me, and You've Got Mail. Good stuff.

Now I'm back at UM, staying the night, heading back home tomorrow. :( I wish I could stay in Mobile the rest of my summer. Oh well! August 11th can't come sooner! Boo on band camp though.

Oh and hey Kassidy if you're reading this! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment