Tuesday, August 3, 2010

cinco!

My dream dinner party would include this five people:

“Integrate what you believe in every single area of your life. Take your heart to work and ask the most and best of everybody else, too.”
 -Meryl Streep


Ah, if words could express how much I love Meryl. She’s one thing. AMAZING. I only have a few all-time favorite actresses, because I really don’t become attached to a lot of them, but I can gladly say that Meryl takes the top spot! She basically has talent just oozing out of her, seriously. She’s one of the best actresses of her generation and the present. Think about it. She has been in many, many great films, and also, she is an awesome singer. She’s done theatre and television too. I just love her sooo sooo much! And I can’t even begin to list her four billion nominations and awards.  There hasn't been a single thing that she's done that I haven't liked, and I just found out that there is a possibility that she is going to be in a movie acting alongside Tina Fey. This excites me more than you know!!!




“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”
 -Jimi Hendrix

The Man. Need I say more? I will though! On a list of the 100 greatest guitar players of all-time, Jimi took the top spot. He is considered the greatest guitar player, but also he is also known for being one of the better singer/songwriters ever. Inducted into the Rock ‘N Roll Hall of Fame, headlined Woodstock and Isle of Wight, and changed the way the guitar was played. He revolutionized the technique of guitar feedback and helped develop the effects that many, many artists use today. That’s pretty amazing to me. Just sayin. Yes, yes, yes, he was clearly a druggie, and his cause of death was due to something related to drugs, but he changed the face of rock. Many times I wonder, if he wouldn’t have died so early in his career…what more could he have accomplished? What if…




“If this is really a small world, why haven’t I met Sean Connery yet?”
-Melissa Peterman

Really though, I have never wanted to just trade lives with someone more than I have wanted to be Melissa Peterman. And that statement didn’t make sense after I reread it. Haha. You get what I mean…or I certainly hope so. All I’m saying is that me and her are going to be best friends one day. She cracks me up 24/7 and she has become one of heroes. Barbara Jean on Reba? Hilarious. Singing Bee host? Hilarious. Stand-up comedian? Freaking hilarious. Everything she does? Makes my life complete. Period. Love her. I would literally faint if I actually had dinner with her. Oh it’s gonna happen. We do follow each other on twitter. Hello, that basically good friends right there. Yessir.




“I am pretty fearless, and you know why? Because I don't handle fear very well; I'm not a good terrified person.” 
-Stevie Nicks

Oh, Stevie, you are hardcore girl. Honestly, who doesn’t love her and who doesn’t jam out to every single Fleetwood Mac song? Fleetwood Mac makes my life! This chick has had over forty Top 50 hits and has sold 120 million albums, whether that was with Fleetwood Mac or her solo career. Rolling Stone has named her the Queen of Rock ‘N Roll. I agree! She’s awesome in the form of a person. I wish I had pipes like her, well like a lot of people, but especially her. 





“Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one.” 
-John Lennon

I could have easily occupied four of these spots with all of the Beatles, but I figured I needed some variety. Then, I had to figure out which single Beatle I would want to really sit down and have a serious conversation with. Don’t get me wrong, I love Paul, Ringo, and George, but John was really the Beatle. The one who stood out the most, whether it be with his songwriting or the many, many, many controversial situations he found himself in. And while I don’t agree with a lot of things that John did, believed in, or said, I would definitely want to exchange a few words with him.
I watched “Imagine” (a documentary of John, that Yoko Ono made years after his death) and it is one of the best films I have seen.  I can gladly say, my fascination with John isn’t just because he was a Beatle or that he was all about peace. It is the person that he was that fascinates me. Unlike most peace protesters during the Vietnam War, John, along with Yoko, demonstrated their beliefs of the war in non-violent ways. A prime example of this was the Bed-Ins For Peace they did. This whole thing was cool to me. Why? Of course John Lennon would have got any kind of publicity for anything he did, and since this was following his and Yoko’s marriage that publicity doubled. He used this to spread the message of world peace. It’s the way he did things, his passion for music itself, and the person that he truly was that made me choose him for this list.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment