Tuesday, April 20, 2010

eight days a week

I just realized I have three of the Beatles' albums on vinyl and two of Ringo's! That's pretty good. I must set out on a mission to find the rest. Who would like to help me? I currently have Abbey Road, Meet the Beatles (just got it two days ago!), and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I have been listening to the Beatles all day on my iPod. Big shock right? Yeah no. It's really interesting to listen to all of their studio albums from the very beginning to their last one and see how their sound changed and related to the time period the album was in. Or it is to me (the Beatles obsessed music nerd). And I miss Beatles rock band. Of course my mother wanted to keep it at home for her to play it. lol. Also, I want to go to Liverpool ASAP. I'd like to see where Paul, John, Ringo, and George were born and grew up. Yes, I'm serious.

On a side note, music theory is currently KICKING MY BUTT. It has always challenged me, but seriously, I am being dominated by it. Modulation? Seventh chords? Hate them. They make my life so much more complicated! I have a composition project due Monday morning and I am less than thrilled to do it. I have been telling myself to get it done this week, so I won't have to worry about it this weekend, yet I know it the back if my mind that this will not occur. DUMB.

No comments:

Post a Comment