Saturday, April 24, 2010

something's got a hold on me

I think Etta James is amazing. Period. She's pretty much my hero and she has some WICKED pipes. We need to be bff so she can teach me her mad skills. I like it.

The madre has been in town since last night and we've had tons of fun! She came to Mobile to get alot of my stuff to take back, since I could not even try to bring back everything in my dorm. I only had the most packed, messiest dorm in all of Epsilon and I had like four guitars in my room. haha. We got alot shoved in Bebe's tahoe (which my mom had to borrow...can you picture putting a whole bunch of junk in her Camaro?) Friday night, then finished it off this morning. Today was AWESOME! Waffle House, flea market (where I got twelve new records, I'll post the names below in a sec), Old Navy, Wal-Mart, MOE's (woooo), nap at the Hampton in the most comfortable bed everrr, downtown Mobile, Hobby Lobby, Wings, then chilling at the hotel! Fun day. :) Tomorrow: church at North Mobile, cookout at Maria's aunts' house, and seeing the Runaways downtown tomorrow night. And I also have to fit in practicing my trombone. I think it can happen. It will.

Vinyl Fest at the flea market was a tremendous success for me and mom-
1. Herman's Hermits on tour (1965)
2. The Beach Boys "Spirit of America" (1975)
3. Bee Gees 1st (1967)
4. Tommy James and the Shondells "Mony Mony" (1968)
5. The Police "Synchronize" (1983)
6. Jimmy Buffett "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes" (1977)
7. Elton John "Greatest Hits" (1974)
8. ZZ Top "Eliminator" (1983)
9. Chicago self-titled (1976)
10. Van Halen "Fair Warning" (1981)
11. Molly Hatchet "Flirtin' With Disaster" (1979)
12. ...and a sweet Alvin and the Chipmunks one!!

Yep that's right and I got them all for $15. Good shape too. I'm excited! I was like a kid in candy store. peace love and vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment