Tuesday, April 20, 2010

a sweet sound

I really don't know how I got by in life without a weekly dose of Merge. Seriously, it puts everything into perspective to go on in the rest of my week. We are currently doing a series relationships and it is pretty much really awesome! I am definitely enjoying it. Each night, with a different subject, all relating to the different types of relationships connects with me on a deeper level every time. We have discussed friendships, how to relate to non-believers, and other stuff like that. Tonight, we talked about family relationships. Real good! Anyways, my favorite part of Merge is always the music (no surprise). I feel the closest to God through music and singing praises to Him through songs allows me to express that. Somehow or another, the fact that we need to use our talents and abilities in everything we do to do God's work comes up in Merge or any other bible study, worship I'm in. I've always known what my talents were and they all have to do with music. I can also be pretty hilarious, so I've been told, so I guess that counts too. :) Anyways, when that is mentioned I realize what my talents are, but it really clicked tonight. Our last song of Merge was "I Love You Lord.." If anyone knows this song, it has the line "May it be a sweet, sweet sound in Your ear." Hello! That's totally my life motto for my talents/abilities. It was kinda a slap in the face. How could I have missed this before? God has blessed me with the talent to play several instruments and He has given me this talent for His purpose. It is crystal clear now. Therefore, I hope my sounds are sweet to His ear.

The last couple of weeks have been real good. Busy but good. I haven't stressed like I usually do. Some things have been on my mind, but it's all good. One question has plagued my mind for a long time now: Why and how do people grow apart in their friendship? This is probably a dumb question with an obvious answer, but I really want to dig deep into it, because I really don't get why this can happen. A typical response: A friendship may fall apart because of distance. I disagree strongly. While this can be true in many situations, if their is a mutual commitment to keep the relationship going strong, then it can be done. Try your best. This is something I have been struggling with for several months now. I blame myself. I hardly ever talk to my closest friends back home in Headland and it tears me up inside. I realize that I never take the initiative to keep in touch with everyone. I know I've sorta kinda already blogged about this, but I'm going to again. Why? Because. lol. I guess this is just something I'll have to deal with and accept. Or do something about it...

My answer to this question: A friendship can grow apart or dismantle due to changing lives and new friends. Yep. That is my best answer. I have a current situation that is DEFINITELY related to that statement. It truly makes me sad. I can't really do anything about it though. Well, I'm going to stop whining. I got off on a tangent about friendships. haha. PEACEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment