Sunday, May 30, 2010

no matter what it takes

I just got an instant rush of excitement for WIRED 2010!!!! I am beyond ready for it. The mission stuff around the Wiregrass. Worship. Bible study. AH YES! I'm mostly ready to see what God does in my life those two weeks. This camp is something I would have never had seen myself doing in the past. It's just not me. I've never been a leader in a ministry, never led a bible study, never outspoken like that. Being on leadership team this year so far has changed that for me! God is working in my life and He is shaping me into the leader He wants me to be. That excites me! Started reading, "The School of Obedience" by Andrew Murray. It's good so far, even though I'm on like page 10. haha. It's about having a full obedience for God and how to obtain it. Real good! Another book I'm gonna get-"The Missionary Call", by David Sills. Missions have been on my mind every day since I decided not to go to Guatemala on Spring Break this year, and that decision was in December. I am DETERMINED in every possible way to go this next year. Money won't be an issue and I know God will take care of that. My only worry is my parents. I'm pretty sure they would object to it. Some serious prayer needs to go into that...got my first paycheck from the Voice yesterday. Half of it went to saving for Guatemala. And so will the rest of my paychecks. Even if that means I'll have to cut back on what I do to not spend that money. I've heard stories about Guat, many many stories. I've seen pictures of those adorable kids being showered with God's love. Right now, I don't want anything else in the world except to experience that. Anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment