Wednesday, July 7, 2010

gimme dat funky jesus music

I'ma slacker! Of keeping up with my summer goals checklist, that is! I need to check off a couple more things I've accomplished. :)

1. Reach the gold level on Beatles Rock Band. --I totally did this like three weeks ago. I'm sucha nerd! Once I got the gold icon, I jumped for joy. Seriously. Now, when I play with people online, I appear to be even more awesome, since I'm gold. You'd have to be a Beatles Rock Band geek to fully grasp this. It's basically like getting a gold medal in the Olympics of Rock Band. K? K.

2. Learn/get a new instrument. --CHYEAH! Guess what it is? A ZampoƱa, straight from Peru. It's totally legit. It's a panpipe instrument, sorta harmonica-ish, but also not harmonica-ish. lol. There are two parts to it. The longer part, the top, is called the arka. The shorter part, front, is called the ira. Both of these parts have different pitches, to either be played together or separate. For all you music theory geeks like me, it uses the diatonic scale, with the arca being tuned in G major and the ira tuned in e minor. It's sweet! I've got a sheet where it shows me how to play some songs, including Hey Jude. Yessssir! A shout out to the Peruvian herself, Morgan, for getting me this awesome addition to my instrument collection!!!

3. Be a ministry tract leader/chaperone for WIRED 2010. --BEST TWO WEEKS OF MY LIFE! Training was awesome, the actual camp itself was even awesomer. I wrote a whole blog devoted to a couple of days ago. Check it out if you haven't!

4. Go see Toy Story 3. --So good! Me and Chancey Poo went and saw it. We had tons of fun, just like we always do when we hang out! We both cried the last 15 minutes. Not because we were sad, but because it made us happy! We were sad that the Toy Story story was over though. Woody will always be my fav, along with Rex!!

5. Fly a kite. --This was an addition to my list. I meant to put it on first, but I forgot! The day I got back from WIRED, me, Mom, and Madison flew kites at Mama Sue's. We had a Toy Story one, a Spiderman one, and a Transformers one. They were SWEET! Definitely gonna do that again asap.


WHOA! Five things right there. Three already accomplished. Let's do the math.

5+3=8
20-8=12

12 things to go...with 32 days left until my summer's over.
IT'S GOING DOWN.

No comments:

Post a Comment