Monday, July 19, 2010

hello sunshine

Man, Lisa is really piling on the articles on me this week! CRAZINESS. I have five days of work left, and I'm happy and sad about it. This has been a GREAT experience for me. I'm pretty set on journalism now. I know I want to do it. I'm not gonna lie; When I started this job, I knew I would hate it by the end and I'd end up changing my major. I can't tell you the amount of people that's told me I won't be able to find a job with my degree. And you know what? I really don't care what they say and I'm really not worried about it at all. Shocker right? Taylor's not worried? Yes. I'm not worried about it. I'm not being a worrying Wanda about this! I am certain that God has a plan for me in this, and He'll take care of me, so why worry when I am in God's hands? Nonsense!
Anyways, back to the articles I have to write this week. Three total! I have one done so far. The other two will be done as soon as I call two people. The first one is super interesting and it's personal. It's involving Tumbleton. WHAT! haha. I went and talked with Larry Smith, the king of history in Henry County, about reclaimed cemeteries. That's what the article is about, these cemeteries in Tumbleton. Hands down, Mr. Smith is one of the coolest and sweetest guys I've ever met! He is one of my new heroes. He makes me want to change my major to history and be just like him...lol. We talked for over an hour about abandoned cemeteries and what not and of course got off subject to talk about other things historically important in Tumbleton. It was extra interesting for sure! Who knew that there were 190 cemeteries in Henry County...crazy. I even asked him about the dowsing that I wanted to try out. It works! I'm definitely gonna try it out on some of Mama Sue's land sometimes this week. I am certain that there are some Indian burial grounds around her house. I've heard it through the grapevine! Excitement. Definitely not at night though...creepy.
The next issue of the paper, next Wednesday is going to be focused on education issues, sorta like a back to school issue. I'm writing about the basketball coach change and the new ram statue going where the anchor was! Therefore, I'll have to have a nice little chat with Mr. Coe...joy joy.

T-minus 3 weeks and one day until I move back to Mobile...it could not come any sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment