Saturday, July 17, 2010

yee haw!

So, this afternoon for around four hours (yes, I said four hours), me and Mom watched the 100 Greatest Videos on CMT! I know...shocker right? Taylor Hamm watching CMT? It's true and I enjoyed it, if you can believe that. Most people think I absolutely despise everything that has to do with country music, but this is not the case! I like it, but I just don't listen to it 24/7 and it's not my all-time favorite type of music. Also, there are a couple of artists in country, I just can't stand. haha. But anyways, since watching the countdown, I've found that I like country more than I thought. Weird, huh? Anyways, at the moment, I am listening to the Man in Black, and I feel that I should list my ten favorite country songs of all-time. Most of them are older, because I like the oldies better! Also, most of these are favorites just because I have great memories attached to them. Here it goes! Oh the joys of having nothing to do on a Saturday night... :)

1. Folsom Prison Blues, by Johnny Cash
Why not start with my most favorite country artist of all-time? I love love love him. I hope everyone has seen Walk the Line, the movie about Cash. If not, hit me up and I will gladly watch it with you! It's one of my favorites.

***So, I just got back from Courtney's! A spontaneous movie night with her, Jenta, and Cathryn Jane. Jenna called right around the time I wrote "oh the joys of having nothing to do..." hahaha. I love those girls! So anyways, back on track with this country blog!

2. The Thunder Rolls, by Garth Brooks
I'm sure you know alot of country songs about people cheatin and stuff, well this is one of the finest! When I listen to it, I just wanna go uh oh Garth, you best watch out, yo wife knows brother! Baha. I love this...it's so intense. The video is grrreat.

3. Does He Love You, by Reba McEntire (feat. Linda Davis)
I know, unlike the rest of the human population, Fancy is not my favorite Reba song. Don't shoot me! I love Fancy, but seriously, if I get down to any Reba song, it's this one. You'll find this on every one of my road trip playlists. I break out my pipes to sing this...

4. Paint Me a Birmingham, by Tracy Lawrence
Ah, if words could express how much I heart this song. My country accent definitely comes out while singing this, just saying. And it's recently became one of my favorites, just because Maria put in her own words. Shocking right? She never does that with any song. :) "Meet me in Headland, Mama Sue is baking bread, and so on..." It was pretty much epic.

5. All I Want to Do, by Sugarland
It was hard to narrow it down to just one Sugarland song on this list. LOVE THEM SO MUCH! It was between this one or Stay. This one won because of the memories of course! Good and bad. Storytime!! Jessica Dykes is the biggest Sugarland fan you'll meet, I'd bet money on that. This song just reminds me of the summer before she moved to Mobile, the summer we became really good friends and hung out like almost everyday! One of the best summers yet. Jenna and I couldn't listen to this song AT ALL, after she left. Seriously though, we both cried like babies when we said our goodbyes and of course this song came on after we did that, cried some more. Boo! The good overtakes the bad though. :)

6. Don't Take the Girl, by Tim McGraw
Honestly, who doesn't like this song? It's so sad! Great story in the song. So sweet! Another one that goes on my road trip playlist. Tim McGraw is just fabulous...love all his stuff.

7. Best I Ever Had, by Gary Allan
Another tear jerker indeed! It was originally a Vertical Horizon song, but I love Gary's so much better. So, I found this out today, Gary recorded this after his wife died a couple of years back. Definitely had to be hard for him. Props to him! Always been one of favorite country artists.

8. I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry, by Hank Williams
Oh Hank. You are a legend. The end. It's pretty funny to hear me try and sing this... :)

9. Whiskey Lullaby, by Brad Paisley & Alison Krauss
BEST SONG EVER. If I had this list in order from 10 to 1, 1 being the most favorite song. This would easily take it. Brad is amazing, and so is Alison. I would marry Brad in a heartbeat, too bad he's married. haha. I love every single song Brad does, as well as Alison. This is also a sad one! The video is awesome. Check it out! So, back in day, okay not too back in the day, like two years ago...haha. Anyways, two years or so ago, I'd have to take my cousin Morgan to school and take her home and stuff. She was in eighth grade, I was a junior. Seriously, every morning and every afternoon, we'd sing this in the car. Never was there a day where we wouldn't sing it. It's definitely an odd song to sing with your cousin, but it's our favorites!

10. Jesus Take the Wheel, by Carrie Underwood
Throwback Underwood I know...but no matter what songs she releases, this always seems to be my fav by Carrie! I always seem to forget she won Idol, weird. lol. So, I associate this song with my Gramps. You never would have thought that a 70 something year old man would have liked a song by an up and coming country star. You'd think he would have like good ol Hank, or George Jones, but no. He loved him some Jesus Take the Wheel. Oh Gramps. :) I miss him terribly. It will be three years since he has passed away next Thursday. Crazy how time flies. It seems like yesterday he was talking about fishing or the Braves. Love this song, just for that reason of remembering him.

Wow, it's 2:14 a.m. What shall I do?

I could always:
-play Tetris
-try to dominate a Rubik's Cube
-clean my room (LAST RESORT)
-read
-hang out with Mario & Luigi
-restring my baby acoustic guitar
-watch First Wives Club
-stare at my lava lamp
-organize my DVDs
-listen to the Beatles' on vinyl
-look for my capo that I lost (ughhh)
-browse on eBay
-make a new bracelet
-polish my trombone (only in those extreme band geek times)
-look at an old yearbook
-practice my Zampona
-draw
-drink some Sprite
-go to bed and think about how cray cray I am for writing this list of things to do

That last one sounds good.
HOLLAAAAAAAA

No comments:

Post a Comment