Thursday, July 22, 2010

landslide

It's so weird that you can have a pretty good day, on a day that was the worst day ever three years ago. It kinda feels wrong in a way. There's not a day that goes by that something doesn't make me think of Gramps and how much I miss him. Just last night, I found a picture of him that made me smile. It was a typical photo of him, that funny face he always made when someone would take a picture of him. He was the best. :)
A little sense of sadness has been with me all day, but not enough to ruin my whole day, and I'm sure that Gramps wouldn't want that at all. I know he wouldn't. He was one of those people that made sure I was having a good day and never wanted to see me or anyone else down. That was by far my favorite thing about him.
I've had a pretty good day seeing a lot of my fam! I went and got my haircut, at my cousin's place in Abbeville, so I got to see her and my other cousin, Kade. Such a cutie! By the way, love my hair. Anyways, ate lunch with Mom, then came back to my house and hung out/played with Madison. Madison and I had a nice little chat about her starting school in the fall. She'll be a big girl going to Kindergarten! It's been great seeing that little kid grow up; I remember the day she was born. I'm getting old! haha.
Also, I FINALLY got my new capo for my guitars/mandolin today in mail. Stupid eBay had to take 48 years to deliver it and I just HAD to lose my other one. Jeese. Oh, and I got a postcard from Erika in Myrtle Beach. Made my day! Can't wait to see her face in August!! Plus, I can't wait to see everyone...ah excitement!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment